ACOA is made up of dedicated people working for you and the prosperity of the Atlantic region. With 30 offices throughout Atlantic Canada, our well-known ACOA teams have the region covered, working with business and communities to help make things happen for Atlantic Canada.
The Honourable Rob Moore, P.C, M.P., is the Minister for Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency. He was appointed by the Prime Minister on July 15, 2013.
Mr. Gerald Keddy is the Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of National Revenue and for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency.
The President of ACOA, Paul J. LeBlanc, is responsible for the administration of the Agency's operations and its employees. Mr. LeBlanc is a native New Brunswicker and graduate of the Université de Moncton. The President of ACOA also serves as Chair of the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Board and Chair of ECBC's Board of Directors.
The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Board provides strategic advice on ACOA’s efforts to enhance economic development in Atlantic Canada. Board members are appointed by the Governor in Council on the recommendation of the Minister for up to three years. Members may be re-appointed for one additional term only.
The ACOA head office is located in Moncton, New Brunswick. Regional headquarters are located in each Atlantic provincial capital city, under the direction of vice-presidents who are responsible for implementing ACOA's programs and policies. ACOA’s executive team includes:
- President – Paul J. LeBlanc
- Vice-President, Policy and Programs – Daryell Nowlan
- Vice-President, New Brunswick – Kent Estabrooks
- Vice-President, Newfoundland and Labrador – Paul Mills
- Vice-President, Nova Scotia – Peter Hogan
- Vice-President, Prince Edward Island – Patrick Dorsey
- Vice-President, Finance and Corporate Services – Denise Frenette
- Senior Advisor (Energy) – Andrew Noseworthy
- Chief Executive Officer, Enterprise Cape Breton Corporation – Marlene Usher (acting)
Through an Ottawa office, ACOA ensures that Atlantic Canada's interests are reflected in both the policies and programs developed by other departments and agencies of the federal government.
ACOA Ministers since 1987
ACOA Presidents since 1987