A service standard is a public commitment to a measurable level of performance that clients can expect under normal circumstances.
Taking into consideration historical performance and the expectations of our service users, ACOA has set three service standards for the timely and accurate delivery of program-related services.
Our goal is to acknowledge all completed applications with the name and contact information of an ACOA employee who can provide you with information or guidance within 10 business days (90% of the time).
Our goal is to provide you with a funding decision within 75 business days (90% of the time) after receiving your completed application.
Our goal is to process your payment within 25 business days (90% of the time) after receiving your completed payment request.
Meeting these service standards is a shared responsibility. To help us offer the best possible service, we rely on you to provide complete and accurate information. Incomplete applications or claims, or any delays in providing additional information, may impact the time to complete your requests.
ACOA, through our knowledgeable and professional staff, is committed to providing you with excellent service that meets your needs.
When you contact ACOA, you can expect us to adhere to the following service principles:
- Our staff is available to speak to you from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Atlantic Time), every Government business day;
- Our automated services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week;
- We provide toll-free phone (1-800-561-7862) and teletypewriter (TTY1-877-456-6500) service from all regions of Atlantic Canada;
- When appropriate, we will provide you with contact information for the organization that can best assist you;
- We strive to provide information in the mode of your choice (in person, by fax, mail or e-mail);
- We provide service in the official language of your choice at most ACOA offices in the Atlantic region.
To better understand your needs, we encourage you to share your views on our service. Your comments and suggestions on what we have done well and how we might improve can be sent to ACOA.information.APECA@canada.ca, or write to us at:
Performance Measurement Unit
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, Head Office
644 Main Street
P.O. Box 6051
Moncton, New Brunswick
(Remember that messages you send by e-mail may not always be secure, so you should not send any confidential information to us by e-mail.)