Community is an essential part of Atlantic Canadian life. Every local success story adds stability to the local community – financially, culturally and socially.
As such, communities are a high priority at ACOA.
Atlantic Canada has long been known for its strong sense of community spirit and resilience. Read more about these inspiring, successful places and the people behind them!
A New Menu for Tourism
For years, traditional maritime charm and rugged beauty have drawn a bounty of visitors to Atlantic Canada's shores. But these days, an evolution in all things gastronomic is calling global food-minded travelers looking for new action (and brew!) a-brewing down home... get the full story.
Economic strength, Fogo Island-style
At first glance, fine arts and the cod fishery may not seem to have much in common. But on Fogo Island, they are working hand in hand as part of a remarkable economic and community renewal… get the full story about Fogo Island.
ACOA and its partners are committed to helping create the conditions for communities ― and the industries that sustain them ― to succeed.
- Investing in infrastructure to help improve local environments, while helping attract people and business investment.
- Assisting entrepreneurs in their communities by helping local entrepreneurs start and grow their businesses.
- Helping entrepreneurs to access capital for the creation or expansion of small businesses in Atlantic Canada’s rural communities.
- Working to promote linguistic duality and the vitality of Atlantic Canada’s francophone minority communities.
- Working with Aboriginals and First Nations Communities to ensure their access to federal programs and their active participation in the Atlantic economy.
Find out more about how these resources can help your community.