- a streamlined application approach with year-round intake
- more funding flexibility with improved access for smaller-scale projects
- targeted activities that help get products and services to the market
- more focus on improving competitiveness through technology adaptation
The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency’s flagship program for innovation and commercialization, the Atlantic Innovation Fund helps Atlantic Canadians develop and bring to market new products and services that lead to market success, help grow strategic sectors, or lead to the creation of research and commercialization partnerships.
If you’re a business, university, college or research institution looking to:
- develop and bring to market new products and services that meet market demands and global quality standards?
- adapt new technology to meet business needs or respond to market opportunities?
- help Atlantic Canada’s new and traditional sectors pursue opportunities, solve challenges, stay competitive and grow?
...the Atlantic Innovation Fund may be able to help.
The AIF supports technically sound, market-focused projects that lead to the successful development and commercialization of technology-based products and services. The program also helps businesses work with researchers to adapt existing technology to meet business needs and capitalize on market opportunities.
The Atlantic Innovation Fund can provide assistance of up to 80% of eligible costs for projects led by not-for-profit organizations and up to 75% of eligible costs for private sector-led projects.
New Brunswick: 1-800-561-4030
Prince Edward Island: 1-800-871-2596
Newfoundland and Labrador: 1-800-668-1010
Nova Scotia: 1-800-565-1228
ACOA Head Office: 1-800-561-7862