- a streamlined application approach with year-round intake
- more funding flexibility with improved access for smaller-scale projects
- targeted activities that help get products and services to the market
- more focus on improving competitiveness through technology adaptation
In today’s economy, staying competitive means being innovative. Products and services must meet the demands and the standards of the global market. New technologies must be developed, acquired or adapted for maximum productivity. Businesses and researchers need to work together to help new and traditional sectors pursue opportunities and solve challenges.
That’s where the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) can help.
ACOA’s newly enhanced innovation programming – which includes the Atlantic Innovation Fund and the Business Development Program—now offers a more accessible, flexible and streamlined approach to supporting productivity, commercialization and competitiveness in Atlantic Canada.
ACOA provides support to help Atlantic Canadians:
- develop new products and services that will lead to strong commercial results and long-term economic growth
- bring new products and services to market by turning innovative ideas into competitive products and technologies that meet market demands and global standards
- adapt and acquire new technology that can help boost productivity and competitiveness, and meet ever-evolving customer needs
- build skills for today’s economy that will allow businesses to take operations to the next level of productivity, commercialization and competiveness
New Brunswick: 1-800-561-4030
Prince Edward Island: 1-800-871-2596
Newfoundland and Labrador: 1-800-668-1010
Nova Scotia: 1-800-565-1228
ACOA Head Office: 1-800-561-7862