How can YEDI help more young people?
Young Atlantic Canadians need to develop the right skills to succeed in business. YEDI provides financial assistance to not-for-profit organizations for the delivery of skills-building projects for youth such as:
- entrepreneurship courses and workshops
- business planning competitions
- youth business camps
Can YEDI help existing young entrepreneurs
Getting a business started can sometimes be the easy part! Along the way, young entrepreneurs may need assistance with marketing strategies, human resources, and learning how to manage growth effectively. YEDI can help develop projects such as:
- mentorship programs
- business skills workshops
- learning conferences that bring young entrepreneurs together
How can YEDI help my community develop an entrepreneurship culture among young people?
Communities are instrumental in planning initiatives for aspiring and existing young entrepreneurs. With funding through YEDI, communities can provide broad-based support by developing such initiatives as:
- roundtable discussions
- local support networks for young entrepreneurs
- strategies to use entrepreneurship to address youth out-migration